NCSD Summer Programs
There has been widespread support to continue funding summer learning in 2023 and the governor’s proposed budget does include $50 million for this purpose. However, the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) told school districts that the state legislature is not likely to approve that funding in time for districts to plan and implement programs for this summer.
This means that we must move forward with a reduced summer learning plan using the funding that we currently have available.
Regardless of additional investment, we are committed to offering the following programs this summer:
- High school summer school (credit recovery courses)
- Middle school summer learning camps that blend academic support and enrichment options
- Title I Elementary Summer School
- 21st Century summer programming
- Elementary CARE programs, funded by parent fees with limited scholarships available
- Elementary Summer Art Academy, funded by parent fees with limited scholarships available
Middle School Enrichment
More information on how to sign up is coming soon. Stay tuned!
Summer Art Academy
9am - 11:30am
Mt Scott Elementary - 11201 SE Stevens Rd, Happy Valley, Oregon 97086
For this summer there will be 150 spaces available. Once the spaces are filled, all other students will be put on a waiting list. We will assign available spots in the order registration is received. If you have been accepted into the Summer Art Academy you will receive a confirmed registration email with payment details.
Registration Deadline: Monday, June 12, 2023
If you have 2 or more children or in need of a scholarship contact the email@example.com
For more information, contact: NCSD office, Laura Gumbert 503-353-6040Or send an email to